Turkey with strange posture and head ducking

WildestThing

Chirping
Sep 13, 2016
My female Bourbon Red is not looking good. I lost two to this same thing last year. She stands very upright and bobs her head. Someone said it could be Coccidia. I treated the flock last week, but there's still signs of it in the run. We live in Hawaii, and it's very warm and wet here. If it's raining, both the chickens and turkeys prefer to drink the water on the ground in the run. We're working on a new coop and run that will be dry, but in the meantime, the run is always wet. Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you!

My female Bourbon Red is not looking good. I lost two to this same thing last year. She stands very upright and bobs her head. Someone said it could be Coccidia. I treated the flock last week, but there's still signs of it in the run. We live in Hawaii, and it's very warm and wet here. If it's raining, both the chickens and turkeys prefer to drink the water on the ground in the run. We're working on a new coop and run that will be dry, but in the meantime, the run is always wet. Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you!
If it is coccidiosis, treat the whole flock with Corid.

If you can put in some kind of drainage system, it will be helpful. The other potential problem under those conditions is botulism which requires a whole different course of treatment.

Good luck.

I just treated with Corrid last week. That's what worries me. If she is not drinking the fresh water in the waterers, she didn't get a good enough dose. I still see signs of coccidia in the run. Drainage is a huge issue in the run as well, and I'm working on that. Thank you.

Just went to check on her and she’s fine! Someone in the Gobble Talk Facebook forum said she was choking. That makes sense because they get crumbles and she eats really fast. I’ll keep an eye on her!

Back
Top Bottom