Turkeys and chickens together

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chicken Egg 17, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Hello I am wondering if u can keep turkeys with chickens its just a turkey hen but there was a tom but my uncle and aunt work at a garbage truck company and there was a time and a hen that they feed and the tom must have been on the my uncles truck and he flew off when my uncle was picking up someone's garbage a while away and they tryed catching it but they couldn't get him. So if they catch the Turkey hen they are going to bring her here and I raise/ breed chickens and I was wondering if I can keep her with the chickens so she isn't by her self will she follow them or will she go off by her self thanks

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Some people keep chickens and turkeys together and they do just fine.......until the turkey gets the disease Blackhead.

3. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    I would like to know as soon as possible so if they catch her I need to know if I can take her

4. enola

Did you see my post?

5. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA

Is there a way u can help keep them from getting it

6. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA

Ya it wasn't there when I clicked on this thread

7. enola

Blackhead is caused by the cecal worm. So, worming the entire flock periodically would probably prevent it. But, you will be throwing away a lot of eggs.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  8. Chicken Egg 17

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Well I would probably just let her have them or feed them back to the chickens any way or just find her a tom and let her hatch them and sell the baby's

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by