Turkeys are my pets not food

queenturkeygirl

Songster
13 Years
Jul 28, 2010
usa
I know there are you who are gonna be "turkeys are not pets blah blah blah" honestly I don't care about your opinion on them.

I care about the opinions of people who think of them like i do. I love to watch them and study them they are so wonderful! I love their personalities! :D I train them and love to have them in the house. And show them off. And show people that they are not stupid and
mean. They are very loyal to me and I love my babies dearly.

So are there any people out there like me?

I could never eat Madge (a Tom, despite the name), Edna nor Edith. They are such silly and lovable birds! Madge is a Midget White, while Edna and Edith are both broad-breasted Bronze hens.

I could never eat Madge (a Tom, despite the name), Edna nor Edith. They are such silly and lovable birds! Madge is a Midget White, while Edna and Edith are both broad-breasted Bronze hens.

hi there yes i keep my four turkeys as pets for the last few years, the are very good pets to keep i would never think of keeping animals for food I'm a veggie any way but my family rant but still, i enjoy spending time with them an they keep me in many eggs from bout march to october probably better than my chicks,,,anyway nice to know someone keeps them as pets as well......

Its a shame that you are in such a hurry to alienate everyone who butchers a turkey. You assume that turkey eaters are incapable of admiring a turkey's personality or studying their behavior or showing them off proudly to their neighbors or defending their intelligence and curiosity. I just want to say that I, and I am sure many other here, started raising turkeys for the very same reasons that you did. We love turkeys as animals.

I am sure that there are turkey butchers out there that see turkeys just as meat and think nothing of killing a bunch of birds. But I also think ther are a good many of us that don't really like the killing part that much. For me, it is difficult to kill the turkeys, but it is also a part of life. I choose to eat meat, and I want to be part of the process and know exactly where my food comes from. But that doesn't mean I don't love my turkeys.

I can respect your feelings and not say "turkeys are not pets...blah blah blah." But I would hope you would respect some of us turkey eaters and not say "turkeys are just pets blah blah blah" because there are a lot of us in the middle.

So I hope we can both agree to let each other enjoy our turkeys while we have them, regardless of their fate.

P.S. I have a couple of birds that I will probably never butcher. You know why
smile.png

Its a shame that you are in such a hurry to alienate everyone who butchers a turkey. You assume that turkey eaters are incapable of admiring a turkey's personality or studying their behavior or showing them off proudly to their neighbors or defending their intelligence and curiosity. I just want to say that I, and I am sure many other here, started raising turkeys for the very same reasons that you did. We love turkeys as animals.

I am sure that there are turkey butchers out there that see turkeys just as meat and think nothing of killing a bunch of birds. But I also think ther are a good many of us that don't really like the killing part that much. For me, it is difficult to kill the turkeys, but it is also a part of life. I choose to eat meat, and I want to be part of the process and know exactly where my food comes from. But that doesn't mean I don't love my turkeys.

I can respect your feelings and not say "turkeys are not pets...blah blah blah." But I would hope you would respect some of us turkey eaters and not say "turkeys are just pets blah blah blah" because there are a lot of us in the middle.

So I hope we can both agree to let each other enjoy our turkeys while we have them, regardless of their fate.

P.S. I have a couple of birds that I will probably never butcher. You know why
smile.png
X2

Back
Top Bottom