turkeys die as hatching

bunnibird55

Songster
10 Years
Oct 13, 2009
NW Ohio
Help! What have I done wrong? I have turkey eggs that were shipped - they are formed perfectly - started pipping yesterday on day 27. They pip and die. They are through the membrane. They live for several hours after getting through the shell - never fully hatch and then they die. The humidity is 70percent and the temp is staying right at 99.7 in a forced air bator. What have I done - what can I do - I am devastated. I have hatched chickens and ducks with never this much problem. I have one right now that is just very weak, but it is not moving enough to get itself free of the shell. Should I help? There is quite a bit of blood. I never had this much blood with chicks or ducks.
sad.png

this might happen either if the temperature was too high during incubation or humidity being too high during incubation. what was your humidity?

The humidity stayed between 35 and 40% during incubation and I have it up to 70% for lockdown. Should I lower the humidity now or is it too late? The temperature has stayed steady between 99.3 and 100 degrees throughout the incubation and lockdown. Is there anything I can do to save the rest?

Back
Top Bottom