Turkey's personality

erinszoo

Songster
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
North Central Oklahoma
This is our midget white turkey at 8 weeks. He's big enough that we decided to let him roam the yard with our geese and ducks several times a day so now he follows me every where. I was worried that he might run off or that I might not be able to catch him but he's developing such a personality and likes to "do" whatever I'm doing. We've developed a little game of catching grasshoppers out of the tomato bed where I whack on the tomato vines with a stick making the grasshoppers jump or fall, and then he runs after them. It is so fun to watch him hunting them down but really hard to take a photo of him.

98041_264945_2169275400933_1518177212_2378556_7069992_n.jpg

The personality of my broadbreasted bronze is great, extremely friendly, which bothers me since I got them as dinner. My Royal Palm crosses are very aloof and fearful. Maybe in the future I can find a breed with both qualities.

The turkey "picked" you. Which means everything you do he'll be curious about, and also you
can house train him, and put him on a harness and leash and walk him like a dog.

But I'm so excited! You have a critically endangered turkey! Or so I've read from the (ALBC) American Livestock Breeds Conservency
they breed rare and endangered animals. (if I'm mistaken please correct me but I highly doubt)

Sincerely,
Jackie

Back
Top Bottom