turkeys

dam danny

Songster
7 Years
Nov 4, 2012
sylvester georgia
see some turkeys that just could not pass up

been working non stop getting them thir own pen the white one is a royal palm tom he`s just getting his beard the black im not sure about thinking she is eastern wild an royal palm mix got2 white hens thay think that thir turkeys too keep roosting with them now that im getting some shts of my birds I`ll be posting one of my son`s black sumatra hen and his phoenix rooster that he t for 2 dollars each hope you like this let me know

Beautiful birds, i have been toying with the idea of turkeys but decided that we really don't have room right now to give them the space they need. between the chickens, ducks, dogs and garden there is no more room :( hopefully one day though.....

thank you ms. howards but god made them I just got lucky to add them to my home ike I said im going to add some more pic`s I work from sun up and past dark so it may be ths weekend befor can take some more right now I don`t have any of the other thengs that I have did like the hawkthat I have mendid wings of and turn back out I do love the wild life tht god has give us thank you agine for your reply and marry chrismiss to you and your fam.

The dark one looks like a standard bronze. Notice how light the terminal tail band is. Eastern wild generally have much less contrast between the tail band and the rest of the tail (also darker bands at the tips of the feathers on the back (the over tail coverts).

i had thought the same but w ald to guy that had brought them to the sale he told us he had both easterns and palms in the same pen and that thay were all muts and that he could not aford to keep the young ones had to meny thats y i was abel to pick them up so cheep the way I look at it is that I have had chickens for 50 years and ly got turks when I was a kid my dad would say dress him and that was that but I have been seeing were thir bringin top dollar so I have been putting in a run that has seprate pens and have orded 5 eastern wilds 5 narraganett and 5 bourbon reds do here in march and this 2 will give me the practis in taking care of them as I do not know as much as chickens about them I do know that all chicken were crossed with something so heck y be thats how get the standard bronze any way thay are what thay are right thanks fhanks for your input

Back
Top Bottom