Turky, campbell and geese sexing - pictures

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by amosygal, Nov 28, 2011.

1. amosygal

amosygal Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2011
    I have four turkeys one khaki campbell and two geese, I'd love to know their sex.

[​IMG]

The white turkey is definitely a male, but what about the other three?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The campbell:
    [​IMG]

The two geese:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Ok- I'm certainly no expert, but I'll take a crack at it. I'm going to say your 3 dark turkeys are hens. They have small snoods, and I think you'd see alot of strutting and puffing if you had more than one tom. On the geese, they look just like my Toulouse hens. I've only had one gander, and he was an Emden, but he had a big bump at the top of his beak (near his face) and he was bigger than the girls. I think your duck is a hen too. Hopefully someone else more experienced will pop in shortly. Good luck! They're all beautiful!

3. amosygal

Jul 21, 2011
    Quote:Thanks.
    I must say I saw once the white turkey fighting with a dark one (does that mean he is a boy?), I also saw once a penis poking out of one of the geese so at least one goose is a boy.

4. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    Not 100%, but I am pretty sure that the second pic with the two turkeys, they are males. The next pic is a female, the one under that I can't tell. The duck and geese I have no idea about. Can you get a better side shot of the fourth turkey's head/neck?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Maybe the last dark turkey is a tom? And the goose in the back of the first picture looks like it's getting a bit of a beard... Maybe that's your gander? I really have no idea for sure. Just taking a guess. But I have no experience.

6. amosygal

Jul 21, 2011
    Quote:Thanks,
    I can't take a picture of only the fourth turkey, since I have no idea who he is, all three dark ones look the same to me...

7. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    I think the goose at the back is a male and the one at the front is a female, but don't quote me on that.

8. Darklingstorm

Darklingstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    Durant, Oklahoma
    I don't know geese but I do know Campbells. If you duck has gotten its adult feathers in and "Quacks" loud then its a hen for sure. Males make a quack sound but it sounds like they have a sore throat when they do. Adult male Campbell ducks will have a green head, green on their tails and the all tell tale sign of a curled tail feather. I have two ducks one girl & one boy on my website if you want to see them full grown.

9. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the 3rd pic is the only hen in your turkeys, the feathers go all the way up to the skin flap under the beak. the feathers on the back of the neck are higher up and spread thicker across the neck back also

10. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    The Cambell is a female. Don't know about turkeys. The Geese look like a pair but you can't accurately sex geese by photos except for certain breeds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by