Some of you might remember my chicken 'litterbox' project that I put together for my little coop at the old house. It worked great, but since we have moved it has not gotten a lot of use, now that the chickens all roost in the rafters of their new coop. And with the addition of my Nigi's I needed a milkstand a lot more than I needed to store an old chicken roost. So, out came the tools and the paint and here is what we ended up with: The lovely model is one of my new Nigis, Piddlin Acres CB Ruby Slippers. She is a first freshener and still learning to put up with being milked so you can see from her expression how 'pleased' she is that the new stand works so well. Prior to finishing this, I had spent 3 memorable days trying to milk her tied to the fence. Ugh! Milking a nigi that way is awful because they are so small you HAVE to sit on the ground (yuck), and no matter how I tied her it was a crazy rodeo with her wiggling and bucking around all over the place. A real nightmare! She still tries to be difficult, but things are definitely easier with the stand. Plus, the tall side pieces allow me to tie a rope to either side that I can slip under her belly to keep her from laying down while I milk.