1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Turned Out Really Nice :-)

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by PeepinB, Feb 17, 2016.

1. PeepinB

PeepinB Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2016
    Northern California
    Jimmy from Signature Poultry & Game Bird called me today and he was polite and nice. He talked to me about raising chickens and eased my mind on ordering chicks through the mail. .He was helpful, Enjoyed talking with him and getting to know one another. He was actually enjoyable to speak with, knowledgeable and understanding. He was quite different than the person I talked with the other day and willing to take my order.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    I absolutely hate it when people treat me this way. But... I have to deal with many different people each day. I know how hard it is to have someone drive me to the point of wanting to put a fist through the wall and then have to smile, bite back my anger, and act like nothing ever happened with the next person. Most times I am successful...and sometimes not so successful.

Make another phone call. Give another chance. And if the same thing happens again...tell him how you feel about his attitude....you'll feel better for doing so. Then call Stromberg's.

1 person likes this.
  3. junebuggena

junebuggena Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    By the way, Signature Poultry's Ameraucana are actually Easter Eggers.

4. PeepinB

Feb 5, 2016
    Northern California
    @Junebuggena: yes, I knew that. It's the same thing with Strhomberg's too, I was just trying to find an easier way so that the chicks wouldn't have to travel so far. I love Easter Eggers, I
    own two Roosters.

@nchls School: I'm sorry that you too had bad experience with rude people too, I was just trying to give this man my buisiness and he obviously probably shouldn't have it anyways. There were a few people whom stated on the site reviews that the man (owner) is extremely rude. So I seem to have not been the only one whom he's treated so poorly, after hearing that I realized I'd faithfully stick with Stromberg's. Thank you for sharing your experience, it's the cruel people whom definitely ruine a person's mood. I won't let him get the best of me, his loss is another company's gain. He won't get much buisiness with a poor attitude such as that!.

5. nchls school

Apr 22, 2015

Unfortunate that people act this way. Good luck with your endeavors.

6. PeepinB

Feb 5, 2016
    Northern California
    Actually the man called me back and apologized, and I'm ordering my next batch of chicks from him. We actually talked and hit it off pretty well, we spoke about both of our passions about chickens and raising them. [​IMG] He's quite knowledgeable when it comes to chickens as well.

7. PeepinB

Feb 5, 2016
    Northern California

Actually you're quite right, he actually apologized and our personality's matched up and once he realized that I was passionate about chickens and learning he was quite nice. Infact I'm ordering my next batch of chicks from him. So I guess you should give people a chance. .they could just be having a bad day.

8. nchls school

Apr 22, 2015
    How wonderful! Somehow I thought that might be the case.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by