Turner dummy

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Weenlavs, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Weenlavs

Weenlavs Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2012
    Missed the stop turner date by a week, is that non turning time going to make the hatch a bust ? Just put them back in turner for three more days till stop turning time?

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    It is hard to say if harm has be done. I would candle the eggs before you go into lock down to see if they are still moving. Good luck. :thumbsup

3. Weenlavs

Mar 23, 2012
    Thanks for the info! Ive tried to candle them with a bright flash light, the air cells look good bit the rest of the egg is just dark, hoping that its filled with live chicks. Iys really hard to see any thing.

4. Weenlavs

Mar 23, 2012
    The hatch wasnt a total loss t hey were do to hatch today started last night and more are pipping one pipped last night and hasnt zipped yet but the best percentage of all my tryies already. Wasnt quite the dry method but the humidity was much lower than i had been using!

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    What is/was your humidity and temperature?

6. Weenlavs

Mar 23, 2012
    Its a still air incubator of the store bought variaty the temp was around100.5 and 101.5 humidity around 40% , that was with the digital temp humidistat on the eggs and nearly centerd now it reads 97 and hatching humidity is 57%.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by