Turning eggs direction in mini incubator

kodipilla

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 22, 2017
I am using a mini incubator. I am pointing my 7 eggs to sharper/smaller end to bottom. I am turning them manually just in half circular way for every 5 hours. I am also doing a bending of egg slightly. Being a beginner I am thinking this is turning. Could someone please correct me on this. Today while watching a video in youtube I found the presenter is turning eggs upside down, he turns pointed end to top and large end down and again vice versa. Will this be the real turning or what I am doing is correct? Is there any other way to turn eggs in such incubators.
myIncubator.jpg

You do not ever want to turn the egg blunt end down, that is wrong and will lead to malpositions. For your incubator, tilting the eggs from side to side is the best you're going to be able to do. Or propping one end of it up for awhile, and then changing the side that is propped.

I hope you have good luck because I have never heard a single good thing about that model of incubator. And don't trust its built in thermometer because that's probably wrong.

In addition to what Pyxis said, I also try to turn (tilt) the eggs as close as possible to at least 45° to each side and I always turn (tilt) the eggs an odd number of times each day. That way they are not always resting on the same side every night, since overnight is usually the longest time they are in one position. Best of luck with your hatch! Support and encouragement are here, if desired.

Back
Top Bottom