1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Turning my eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by porksill, Sep 16, 2011.

1. porksill

porksill New Egg

Sep 16, 2011
    I have 17 eggs in my incubator and I did not realize that you were supposed to stop turning then after day 18 (this is my first time). I had one peep on day 22 and I stopped turning my eggs (after I found your website!). Now it is day 23 and my peep has hatched...but what about the other 16? Did I hurt (or kill) them by turning themeveryday?

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    [​IMG]
    If it peeped then I would think they would be ok. I hope someone comes to your rescue, becuz I am not that person. Lol. Good luck!

3. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I don't think you hurt them. Think about mama hen. If the eggs were under her, they would probably move around at least some even in the last days. If your chick starts peeping loudly it's because he's lonely. Try placing a small stuffed animal and a small mirror to keep him company until he has a friend (hopefully).[​IMG]

4. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    They should be fine. Make sure your humidity is up to at least 60%.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by