Turning Quail eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by brooster, Feb 1, 2008.

1. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    i remember reading some where that you have to hand tuen them. Is this true or can i just put them in the auto turner?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  2. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    My friend put theirs in the auto turner and had a great hatch. I have some in the auto turner right now, they should hatch on Tuesday. I'll let you know how they did.

Lisa [​IMG]

You do have quail racks for your auto turner, right?

3. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    No i saw a picture online that had the quail eggs in chicken egg racks. If they fall throug the holes, i will come up with something to hold them.

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I stuck a piece of a cotton ball in the bottom of each cup in my turner and sat my quail eggs on it. They did great.

5. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    I have an older turner with the yellow racks with the hole in the middle. I only have 1 quail rack and the rest are chicken racks. I filled the quail egg rack and still had 5 eggs left over. I did not like the way the little quail eggs went so far down in the chicken egg rack so I took the round cotton cosmetic remover pads and pushed them down in the hole of the chicken egg rack and then put the quail eggs in them. That way the quail eggs were all the same height under the heating element. I do not have a fan in my incubator, so there is a temp difference between the top and the floor. That is why I am trying to keep them equal. Here is a pic of what I did.

Lisa [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by