Turns out I have an Australorp rooster, but which one?

cbuckingham24

Hatching
Mar 6, 2018
The last two mornings we've been made aware that one of our Tractor Supply "all female" Australorps is in fact a rooster. They are 12 weeks old and at least two of them have a more prominent comb/wattle, much more than their third sister (included in pics for reference). I haven't been able to catch which one is crowing.. which one (or both?!) is actually a rooster? Thanks!

image1.jpeg

Suspect #1: Princess Lay-A

image3.jpeg

Suspect #2: Hen Solo

image2.jpeg

Their sister, Chewbeaka, for reference.

x3. Those first two are not pullets nor are they Australorps. Third one is a pullet but not an Australorp either.

Tractor Supply loves to advertise breeds for what they aren't, I've noticed. None of thosr are australorps, they look like mixed breeds to me. I'm not sure. The first two are definitely cockerels and the last one may be a pullet.

Yep, TSC has a habit of labeling things wrong when it comes to both breed and sex. Those look like their straight run Asian Blacks. One pullet and one cockerel (top pictures).

I got some of those this year... they were in TSC's pullet barred rock and black asian bins. More then half were cockerels too. lol

Back
Top Bottom