TURTLE thread! post pics,tell stories, and more!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by brahmakid11, Sep 25, 2012.

1. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    Hello this is a thread where you can post pics of your turtles. I have a baby yellow-bellied slider in a ten gallon tank with 1 paridise gourami, 4 goldfish, 6 minnows and 1 craw fish. I will try to get pics later on.

post away!

2. blueeyeddemon

blueeyeddemon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2012
    South Texas
    Get some pics up!

3. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    Okay

4. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    My very first turtle was a yellow bellied slider. Awesome turtles, very friendly. I currently have 4 turtles in their own ponds.

5. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    This is my Russian Tortoise. We have had him now for about 10 yrs. We found him walking down the road & he almost got hit by a car before we could save him. I tried to find his previous owner. He gets to live outside 3 months out of the year.
    [​IMG]

6. little farmer

little farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

This is Sox, he's a baby snapping turtle. We found him on a jobsite and if my brother hadn't have rescued him then he would have been squashed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    What a cute thread! While I don't personally own any turtles, we do during egg laying season have a couple snapping turtles pass through our farm on their way to sandy soil and back home again to the swamps. We even had one stay in our barn for about 5 days because it was so hot and she seemed very weak and dehydrated, so, we put her in a litter pan, filled it with water and rocks so she could get out again. She revived herself and made it back home. [​IMG]

8. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    We have a turtle we acquired from a previous neighbor who got him from a jogging path.
    The turtle was almost smooshed by a bicycle.

He's about 3 years old, and we call him Muddy Waters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. little farmer

little farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aw cute!! His shell is really interesting.

10. LissyB

LissyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Cool turtles! We put 2 red-eared sliders in our pond this summer. My friend didn't want them anymore... I was wondering if we should get them out now because of the cold weather, or will they be ok? The pond is only 2-3 feet deep and already has a thin layer of ice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by