Tuseday is the day

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bugkiller, Nov 12, 2011.

1. bugkiller

bugkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    ontario
    Just confirmed. Picking up my first 2 chickens on tuseday ( 2 -7mth old barred rock) Coop is finnaly done (pics posted soon) picked up feed and bedding today and last finnishing touches on the coop tommrow.

2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Congrats! Very exciting. [​IMG] Have fun and POST PICTURES!

3. simplynewt

simplynewt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Congradulations bug. I was so excited when I got my first hens. They are still to young to lay but it will come in due time. Looks like yours will be ready to start laying before mine do if they havent started already. I expect my first egg in March sometime.

4. bugkiller

Aug 24, 2011
    ontario
    Quote:Yes. According to the guy i am getting them from they are laying well now. He is just trying to downsize his flock for the winter. I wanted to get 2 birds from the local hatchery here but they are not hatching any more till the spring.

5. bugkiller

Aug 24, 2011
    ontario
    There Here and in the coop for the first night. Picked them up today. Very happy. They have been handled lots cause they are very friendly. They let my 3yr old son touch them with out hesitating. ( my cats that have been around him since he was born still wont stay in the same room with him LOL) Could not get pics tonight but i will post some tomorow

6. clucksbc

clucksbc Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2011
    AAAH congratulation...
    ....and you are doing it the right way....coop first...
    ..I wish you many many eggs...but just know...it will take them some time to readjust...
    don't be disheartened if they don't lay as they have...
    best of luck...[​IMG]:[​IMG]

7. turbodog

turbodog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Independence, La.
    Congrats and have fun!

8. bugkiller

Aug 24, 2011
    ontario
    Quote:Ya i was expecting them to stop laying for a week or so and got home today found 2 eggs in the coop after 1st night. They were not in the nest box but i cant complain

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by