Tutorial on packing eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by halo, Sep 1, 2008.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Is there anywhere on this site that gives a tutorial on the proper way to pack eggs for shipping? If not, would it be a good idea to have a thread stickied at the top for that purpose?

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    This is a good idea. Many people wrap eggs in their own unique ways for shipping with success. Maybe the members who routinely ship eggs will come along and post their chosen method of wrapping. I keep thinking there was a thread a good while back I can't find it.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Wasn't there a thread on that? Seems like there was. It's been quite awhile ago tho.

4. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    the eggs sam shipped me were great! none broken,most hatched,so ask sam

5. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Quote:I have been looking but so far I can't find it, Katy. Help me cruise the archives.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'll try and look some today too...when it gets too hot to work outside....I'm trying to expand one of my runs while I don't have the grandbabies to babysit!!

7. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I'll help you if you'll come help me set posts! LOL

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:If we were close enough I'd sure swap labor with you! [​IMG] I've been buying up dog kennel panels whenever I see them at a garage sale or auction so I'm kind of cheating on the building part this time around!!

Maybe if I'm not delusional on thinking I've seen a thread like that, whoever posted it will see this and point us in the right direction.

9. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Thanks for those link, kitty. I was thinking there was another bigger one with tons of photos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by