TV Doorbells

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Stacykins, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Do your dogs go nuts over doorbell noises on television shows, commercials, or movies?! My gosh, every time mine hear a doorbell, real or fake, then rush the front door barking. Only then do they realize that they were duped. I hope your hounds are smarter than mine! You'd think they'd learn the sound of our doorbell rather than any random one they hear.

2. RyRy2

RyRy2 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Canastota, NY
    Mine do the same thing, except that when they don't find anything at the front door, they usually go double check the side door too. And why do the ALL have to bark. 1 thinks it hears something and barks and the next thing you know they are all running around the house barking.. I consider it a good day when I only have to tell them 3-4 times that nothing is there, it wouldn't take so long, except that the old lady at 14 can't hear me, so everyone else quiets down when I tell them to, then she barks again and starts the whole thing back up.. lol...

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Mine bark at doorbells on TV too but oddly enough we don't have a doorbell on our house. Then again Sparky barks at horses, cows and penguins on TV also.

4. Turken Lover9847

Turken Lover9847 Chillin' With My Peeps

We don't and never have had a doorbell but every time there's a doorbell they go crazy .

5. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:At least yours realize they've been duped. [​IMG] Mine bark and bark until we bring out the spray bottle. They also go crazy if dogs bark on the tv. Makes it really hard to watch animal planet.

6. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Our newest dog lived in the city before he came here. He barks when he hears doorbells, car horns and dogs barking, all on TV. I'm still trying to teach him that it's just TV, but he still doesn't get it. Oh, well, it's only been a year... [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Only the small mutant dog. The big dogs just stare at people through the fence. If they don't know us, those stares usually make them leave.

8. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    I've seen dogs do this, but never my own dogs. I am very sound sensitive so my dogs, even my cats know not to make a lot of extra sounds.

9. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    My dogs don't do that, but every time the phone rings, the parrot says 'Hello' then has a one sided conversation with herself.

I live in an insane asylum. [​IMG]

10. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    My dogs caught on to the tv doorbell pretty quickly, but it was funy while it lasted!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by