TV exposure for rare breeds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by NoZolbitty, Apr 19, 2012.

1. NoZolbitty

NoZolbitty Chillin' With My Peeps

I've become interested in the rare and historic breeds of poultry and other livestock. I'm not the only one who thinks there should be some sort of program (series or Special) that puts these beautiful creatures before the viewing public, am I?

2. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    it will be cool

3. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
  4. fowlman01

fowlman01 Overrun With Chickens

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    There is a woman who has been working on this for a couple years and has a lot of video footage already put together, but animal planet etc does not think it would sell.

Walt

5. NoZolbitty

NoZolbitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmm, sounds like we need to give them a wake up call. How many of you are Star Trek fans? When the original series was first threatened with cancelation Paramount found itself inundated by protests from fans including a picket line of fans, including members of the Society for Creative Anachronism. Paramount and NBC got the message.
    Animal planet needs to have their idea of what is a pet broadened anyway, Programs that feature non cats or dogs are woefully lacking. heritage breeds deserve and need the attention. They need it as much as wildlife needs it.
    Anybody up to make a little noise?

6. fowlman01

fowlman01 Overrun With Chickens

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    The woman who is trying to sell this idea has won an Emmy. so it's not like she is some hack trying to sell something to the networks.

Walt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by