Tv Time

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by br64, Jul 1, 2010.

1. br64

br64 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2010
    This happened a few days ago. I was in the bedroom folding clothes and my 6 yr old son was out playing in the yard. I hear the front door open and close, so I figure my son got tired of playing and decided to come back in. I finish folding the clothes and go into the living room. There sits my son on the couch....with one of my RIR hens very contentedly sitting in his lap, watching..... get this,Spongebob Squarepants. The following conversation went something like this:

Me: What are you doing?

Son ( with a somewhat exasperated look on his face): watching spongebob.

Me: No, with the chicken.

Son: She's watching spongebob.

Me( trying not to laugh): She really needs to go back to the coop.

RIR hen: Cluck
    ( which I took as a "no, I'm watching spongebob)

Son: Moooom, do I have to.

RIR hen: cluck,cluck

Me (to the hen): hush,your not helping ( to my son) yes, she needs to go back out.

Son (starts to grin):Can you put it on pause? ( meaning the tv)

Me: yeah, I'll put it on pause.

Son gathers up the hen and goes out the door.

RIR hen: cluck,cluck,squaaaak.

I had the distinct feeling I was cussed by a pint sized chicken because I wouldn't let her finish watching tv.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  2. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    haha, awww, she wanted to finish watching tv, you should of let het her... lol [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. br64

br64 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2010
    Quote:Haha, yeah, I know...a chicken,a kid, and spongebob....what a combination.[​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You didn't let her finish watching SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS???!?!?

My recollection of that series is that it is totally suited to chickens. I watched it when I was undergoing cancer treatment, and it made me laugh a lot. Very healing in an absolutely silly way.

5. br64

br64 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2010
    Quote:I know, baaaaad mom, haha

My son is totally hooked on Spongebob and quite often I find myself watching it as well, very addicting.

Being new here I didn't know you had cancer, I hope your doing better:D

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    OMG you should be ashamed of yourself not letting her finish her TV show. What kind of mama are you? [​IMG]

We have an EE and a red cochin that comes in to watch Sat morning cartoons and eat cold pizza with DD...she has for over 2 years. They also watch The Animal Planet. [​IMG]

7. br64

br64 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2010
    Quote:Haha, saturday morning cartoons. I Don't dare tell my son that or he'll want to bring the whole flock in.

I can just see it now....... hubby walks in, sees 25 chickens sitting on the living room floor watching tv......shakes his head and slowly backs back out the door......[​IMG][​IMG]

8. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    [​IMG]

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Haha, saturday morning cartoons. I Don't dare tell my son that or he'll want to bring the whole flock in.

I can just see it now....... hubby walks in, sees 25 chickens sitting on the living room floor watching tv......shakes his head and slowly backs back out the door......[​IMG][​IMG]

LOL no you have to place a 2 chicken limit on TV watching. [​IMG]

10. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    When my hens were in their brooder, one barred rock would jump out. I was watching a spy movie with lots of gunfighting (goldeneye anyone?) and I felt a little rustle on the couch next to me and sure enough... there she was. She crawled up on my chest and hunkered down. I put her back after she made a big wet green doodoo on one of my good shirts. But she seemed quite content and somewhat focused on the TV.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by