Twin duckling egg.

Pics

Athiena14

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 23, 2018
St. Robert MO
You guys... I've only had this happen once before. I wish I could get a better pic but they are so tiny. They are on day 6. And could see 2 heart beats.
The one before was a quail egg that didnt make it.
20190317_205244.jpg

How often is too often to candle them. Not talking more than once a day. These guys are hand turned so humidity is always checked

How often is too often to candle them. Not talking more than once a day. These guys are hand turned so humidity is always checked

Yay double yolker!!

Be ready for an emotional rollercoaster lol.

So I only really checked them thoroughly once a week, and I’d occasionally candle in between to check on them but I’d always alternate. Try to limit candling, definitely not every day. Every 3-4 is okay. Remember, twins are fragile so you wanna limit the disturbances.

This is so exciting!!! What breed??

Yay double yolker!!

Be ready for an emotional rollercoaster lol.

So I only really checked them thoroughly once a week, and I’d occasionally candle in between to check on them but I’d always alternate. Try to limit candling, definitely not every day. Every 3-4 is okay. Remember, twins are fragile so you wanna limit the disturbances.

This is so exciting!!! What breed??
Not sure. I bought barnyard mix eggs. I'm unsure about this being a double yolker honestly. When I candled at day 4 to take out the infertile, there looked to only be one embryo. And I could only see 1 yolk (although never seen a double through candling before honestly. ) then on day 6, when I candled again due to an issue with my electricity going out for 30 min. (Yes I'm a worrywart. ) I noticed the wierd separation in it like I would see in an older embryo when it moves around, then saw the two heart beats.

I dunno if you can get twins from one told with birds or if I just didnt recognize it being 2 yolks

Back
Top Bottom