Twin ducks ???

Kelly1335

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2017
Hi new to hatching we are on day 10 one large duck egg and struggling to tell if it's 1 or 2 in one egg let me know what you think (this is all exciting) x

Attachments

• IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    476.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1343.JPG
    IMG_1343.JPG
    453.5 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 127
I did,but did not take photo I could not really tell if it was a double was very large,larger then the other eggs but then this egg is much larger than the other so guessing it would be a larger yolk ?

Could be larger yolk or more albumen (the white of the egg) or both... if it was 2 yolks, you would have seen 2 shadows from them... but a larger yolk wouldn't develop twins, only double yolkers do...

I'm not sure, at around that stage of development the embryo tend to look like a receiver for an old rotary phone, larger blobs at both ends, but the connecting area tends to be hard to see... the way it moves in tandem, I would say it's just one...

Did you candle the egg prior to setting? If it is a single yolker, then only one embryo... if it is a double yolker, then it could be twins...

I'm not sure, at around that stage of development the embryo tend to look like a receiver for an old rotary phone, larger blobs at both ends, but the connecting area tends to be hard to see... the way it moves in tandem, I would say it's just one...

Did you candle the egg prior to setting? If it is a single yolker, then only one embryo... if it is a double yolker, then it could be twins...

I did,but did not take photo I could not really tell if it was a double was very large,larger then the other eggs but then this egg is much larger than the other so guessing it would be a larger yolk ?

Back
Top Bottom