twins (1 egg 2 chicks) has it ever happened to you

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by VioletandBodie, Aug 15, 2010.

1. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    i don't know the percentage of double eggs that make it to be chicks so has it ever happened to you Ware 1 egg turned into 2 chicks (like when you scramble eggs and theres a double yoke only they both developed) and I'm rather wondering as to how often this happens, i know its rare and chicks often don't mack it out alive but there has to be someone on here that has had it happen. and if you could say the breed and age of hen to help further the knowledge of how it happens. oh and pics are always welcome especially when there still in the egg!

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    thats so cool.... havent heard of such a thing ... but anything is possible! [​IMG]

3. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    i was thinky about a mousr bird and cockatiel breeder that had it happen to her cockatiels it happened to me to with a budgie egg but the little gals or guys got a crack from when the mom had a night fright [​IMG] they were close to hatching to

4. quail kid1

quail kid1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    there is a member here who succefully hatched a twin chicken egg and posted a video about it on youtube.

quail kid1

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by