twist in the to refrige eggs or not debate

NC Chicken Gal

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 26, 2009
Ok, so I plan on NOT putting my eggs in the fridge, at least not yet. Heres something that popped up in my mind the other day....

Ok, the weather is getting colder now...I collect eggs once a day (usually in the evening) If the eggs are sitting outside...in the cold...should I put them in the fridge? In other words, after they are already cold from being outside, is it ok to leave then on the counter and warm back up to room temp?

I think they'll be okay, but will defer to those more knowledgeable than myself.

I was really just curious. I imagine they would be fine, but since I am new to this, thought I would ask

don't you know you're sposed to spend every waking moment doting on your girls and rush out there and get that egg while it's still warm!!!

yuckyuck.gif

Yes, it's o.k. to let your eggs stay at room temperature even after they have been cold. If they freeze, that's different. You can keep them frozen, but they act different after freezing, and you'll want to use them for baking or scrambled eggs only.

i don't put my eggs in the fridge for a day or so, my pawpaw never put them in the fridge, they were always in basket on the counter, then he would eat em or hatch em

Back
Top Bottom