1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Twisty Kats on animal plantets Weird True and Freaky

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SundownWaterfowl, Nov 16, 2008.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I was watching animal planets weird true and freaky and saw Twisty Kats. It is horrible. A so called "breeder" in texas who intentionally breeds these cats to have leg deformaties. I was disgusted! [​IMG] Take a look at the "breeders" site and let me know what you think. Im horrified.

http://www.geocities.com/karmafarms/flipper.htm

2. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    I know Vicky, I have stayed at her house. She has cats that can't get to food or water with out being carried. If she left for the day, the cats would not funtion and would poop where they are, and starve untill she got home. I was staying at her house looking at horses.. but did get a first hand look at the cats at the time. I agree with you.. cruel.. inhumane.. using a genetic flaw for fame and money.. etc.. Yet no one stops her..

3. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    That is horrible! It seems some law is being broken, somewhere. To intentionally breed life altering, function inhibiting defects. It's one thing to have a dog or cat who was born (accidentally) with a deformity and the owners making provisions for it. Quite another to breed it to deformity.

4. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

That needs to be stopped, those poor cats. I feel that this is cruel and unfair. Why isn't this against the law? [​IMG] [​IMG]

I feel the same way about the munchkin cats as well.

5. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    she needs to be shut down and imprisoned for animal cruelty!

6. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Vic has been at this for many many years.. I think 15 or 20? In that time she has been on TV, many times for her cats. She won't stop becuse its her only claim to fame. She likes the attention. Over these years many have tried to stop her. The hate mail she gets rivals any celeb's fan mail. I stopped talking to her about 10yrs ago. However.. I know very well what was going on at that time and still is.
    Unless you get the ASPC or someone in on this personally.. it won't happen.

However.. If you called the ASPC to visit her home they would find over 30 cats in the house with over run litter boxes, and a situation that boarders on hoarding. I dont' know why no one has called, but IM sure enough calls, organized calls to Marshel TX would certianly do something.

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I also feel that way about munchkin cats.

8. Trollkiller

Trollkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Lake Como, Fl. 32157
    I think this person is a disgusting example of a very warped attention whore.

Being Devil's advocate.

We should be real careful when going against someone breeding a "deformity" in animals. Someone can use the same logic against us.

This person breeds a deformity in the cats because that deformity is desirable to some people.

Miniature horse breeders breed a deformity in their horses because it is desirable to some people.

We breed a deformity in chickens so they grow fast. Because of the rapid growth rate they have a tendency to die from heart attacks. But that fast growth rate is desirable to us so we excuse the high mortality rate.

9. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Yeah, it is basically the same thing...you are breeding deformity to deformity and trying to make a profit off of it not caring the health of the poor cats.

I agree with Hobbley Farm, it is one thing if you have an animal that was born with a deformity, but breeding it because you think it will become a "New Breed" is just wrong.

10. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    All else aside, cats sure don't have nine lives around there! "Choked on cat food," "poisoned by neighbor," "bitten by brown recluse spider..."

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by