Twisty, the twisted beak pullet (picture)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PlymouthRocker, Sep 7, 2009.

1. PlymouthRocker

PlymouthRocker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Plymouth County MA
    I have no idea how this happened to Twisty (that's what we call her - - - she's the only White Wyandotte with a name since they all look alike). She eats and drinks with no problem, so she's adapted. She's very friendly too.

[​IMG]

2. WildernessLofts

WildernessLofts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    North Topeka, KS
    If you plan on keeping her, keep a close eye on that beak. She may not be able to keep it properly worn down, so you may end up having to trim it back every once in a while so she doesn't have difficulty eating/drinking.

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I have a wyandotte with a crossbeak too. Thats her name, crossbeak. Her beak is similar to Twisty's and she is also the only one of her color to have a name.
    Its pretty amazing how they learn to adapt. I am also quite impressed how animals just dont complain about problems and pains the way humans do.
    I use a battery operated dremel sander to help her keep the beak from getting too overgrown. The battery kind is way more quiet/ less intimidating.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwwwww, she's beautiful! [​IMG] I had a EE with crossbeak, and she faired just fine with it too. Like everyone says, just keep an eye on her. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by