1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Twitch and Loralie have egggs!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by marilyn1, Jan 17, 2013.

1. marilyn1

marilyn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2013
    florida
    [​IMG]
    Twitch and Loralie have 2 eggs in their nest![​IMG]. He has been doing a lot of crowing the last 2 days. Guess he was making an announcement![​IMG]

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    How Egg-citing!! [​IMG]

3. marilyn1

Jan 4, 2013
    florida
    I only had them for about 2 weeks. and they just got paired up then. They are very loving together. They are young birds I believe only about 12 weeks. These will be my first Quail eggs. I've raised one clutch of duck eggs, one clutch of love bird eggs, one clutch of parakeets, and several zebra finch in the past. Or should I say the parent birds did. Except for the love bird I had to hand feed form a fresh hatch mom would not feed. That was several years back. Hope she sits. We'll see.[​IMG]

4. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    They are beautiful, I especially like the silver tux! They should make some beautiful tux babies!

5. marilyn1

Jan 4, 2013
    florida
    That's the male. How many eggs do they usually lay. There was another one tonight that's 3 total so far.

6. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    LOVE the names!!
    more then likly if you allow them to keep laying eggs in the nest they will lkeep laying one a day for about 12-14 days.

7. marilyn1

Jan 4, 2013
    florida
    Wow that's a lot of eggs for that little bird! Will they be able to sit on that many?

8. WalkingNorth

WalkingNorth Out Of The Brooder

I had a little button that sat on and hatched 7 eggs. I don't know about 14 though o.0

You have very pretty birds :)

9. marilyn1

Jan 4, 2013
    florida
    Thanks, She had another today we now have 4 in nest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by