twitching head chicks

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sandra1, May 6, 2009.

1. sandra1

sandra1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    I have a two chicks that are 12 days old that are eating and drinking fine. They are acting great except they both have a slight head twitch. One of the chicks came out with sprawled leg then she had an imbilicord issue that has sense cleared up. The other chick has been health and fine from the begining. They are both running around and acting like all the rest. Anybody have an idea of what could be wrong?

2. Glenda L Heywood

Glenda L Heywood Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    they need neurolodigal vit E and Vit B complex for nervous disorder

you will however NEED to take a eye dropper

(1 and feed the chicks water with apple cider vinegar
    1 tbsp to pt of water
    Do this till after the chicks are better. Should be able to put the ACV water in a small waterer for the chicks

(2 immediately give the chicks 1000 mg capsule of liquid Vit E by cutting the end of the capsule and taking the vit E capsule and let the oil run into the chicks beak

(3 also need to crush a vit B complex pill in a tbsp and put it into a tsp of water and put it in their beaks after it is disolved
    Do both Vit's twice today then for 7 days till you see some improvement in the chicks

then give twice a week for two weeks should see much improvement

(4 generally the shock of a new arrangement will cause chickens to have this nerve damage

(5 after today I would see if the chicks will eat a
    natural probiotic wet mash
    2 tsp of dry crumbles
    4 tsp of milk sweet, sour or buttermilk
    1 tbsp of non flavored yogurt
    mix good and put the
    vit E liquid as directed in the wet mash
    and crumble the Vit B complex tablet in a tabsp and add to the wet mash

(6 Do this twice a day for 7 days to see if the chicks are better
    then do this once a day for another week then once a week for a while
    this should give the nervous system some stability

(7
    you can email by PM for more information and include this inf so I remember what is happening

3. moonflowers

moonflowers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Wow, GREAT info! One of my new chicks is doing that as well so thank you for posting and answering!

4. sandra1

sandra1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    Your fabulous. I will run out and get the vitamins asap. My little girl has gone through so much and she is such a fighter that with your help, she will do great. Thank you so much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by