Two albino peahens in southeast PA-NEW PICS

Quote:
If the birds are Pure Green Burmese (one of the three subspecies) all of the offspring (chicks) will be Pure Green Burmese, So if the Burmese are hatching White chicks they are NOT Burmese they are Green Spaldings and they will also have to be split to White for Green birds to hatch White chicks.

If you breed White birds to your B/S Male ALL chicks will be India Blue (they will look like an India Blue) split B/S and White, you will not hatch a White chick from this breeding unless your Male is split White, Pied etc.

In two years breed the siblings together to get??? not for sure, I don't care much for birds that are split to 3 or 4 things with out GREAT record keeping and the knowledge of how all these splits breed together and what you will get. I have always found it better in the long run to buy what you want and save the 6 or 10 years it may take to get what you are after.

This is a Pure Burmese Male the Hen will almost look like him but not as tall and without the tail.

47210_dsc_5835.jpg

Photo courtesy of Texas Peafowl

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes low % White Spalding. Split are ok if you keep good records, lot cheaper way of getting the new colors. You will need to understand genetics,and keep great records.

Price on those birds is a GREAT DEAL.

NOT albino either check out the eyes

Last edited:
They are gorgeous! Yoda you are so lucky!

I want to try & find white females next year for my boys, as mine are IB split to white. First, have to enlarge the run since I am too attached to them to get rid of any of them!

Originally I was thinking to just keep my favorite pair. That was before I found out how addictive peacocks are!
lol.png

Quote:
If the birds are Pure Green Burmese (one of the three subspecies) all of the offspring (chicks) will be Pure Green Burmese, So if the Burmese are hatching White chicks they are NOT Burmese they are Green Spaldings and they will also have to be split to White for Green birds to hatch White chicks.

If you breed White birds to your B/S Male ALL chicks will be India Blue (they will look like an India Blue) split B/S and White, you will not hatch a White chick from this breeding unless your Male is split White, Pied etc.

In two years breed the siblings together to get??? not for sure, I don't care much for birds that are split to 3 or 4 things with out GREAT record keeping and the knowledge of how all these splits breed together and what you will get. I have always found it better in the long run to buy what you want and save the 6 or 10 years it may take to get what you are after.

This is a Pure Burmese Male the Hen will almost look like him but not as tall and without the tail.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/47210_dsc_5835.jpg

Ok. The parents do not look like these pics , hence I don't think they are the "Green" type. The male we have has a more solid blue color. Sorry I don't have more details on this, it's another family member who raises them, but I will check back with him again, and get more photos of the parents, hopefully today.

Quote:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/47210_dsc_5835.jpg

Ok. The parents do not look like these pics , hence I don't think they are the "Green" type. The male we have has a more solid blue color. Sorry I don't have more details on this, it's another family member who raises them, but I will check back with him again, and get more photos of the parents, hopefully today.

That sounds better, sounds like they came from india blues split to white or pied, with a touch of spalding in them then

Finally, I have a photo of the two white peacock's daddy! Here it is... Can anyone tell me exactly what kind of peacock this is. I understood it to be a Burmese Blue.
4957_dscn1943.jpg

And here's another photo of the 2 white peacocks, taken on the same day as the first photo:
4957_dscn1942.jpg

Last edited:
Agree, Spalding Black Shoulder. There are NO Burmese Blues they are ether Burmese or Blues can't be both, so he is a Spalding Black Shoulder.

And the price that I P.M. you on would be about right. Yearling Spalding Whites $100.00 to $120.00 ea (depending on % of Spalding) is what we sell ours for.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom