Two Araucana Cockerels for Adoption in Northern California

CorvusFarm

Songster
Nov 26, 2017
Corralitos, California
I'm in the Watsonville area on an 8-acre, certified-organic boutique farm. These two Henriettas turned out to be Henrys, which I'm not allowed to have on this farm. They came from Belt Hatchery via Corralitos Feed, and were hatched March 6th and brought to the farm on the 7th.

They have been raised in a mixed flock of 20 other hens and a handful of Welsh Harlequin ducks. They both have friendly dispositions, with the gray/black/red cockerel being the quieter of the two. The white/red one is just finding his crowing voice.

Both of them have earned a place in my heart, and I'm sad to have to see them go. While I could return them for trade for Araucana hens, that's a guarantee that they'll go into a pot. And honestly, I'd rather be the one to put them down if that is the only solution available. It just doesn't seem humane to take them from a huge, pastured flock, which is all they've known, and send them off to be fattened up in a back yard somewhere.

So, fingers are crossed that someone might love to take one or both of these beautiful guys. They will both make for handsome flock additions. Feel free to inquire here or privately if you have questions or would like more details.
IMG_20180531_202231_020.jpg
20180601_131230.jpg

I’m on the Modesto area, and my friend has been wanting a blue egg rooster... I’ll have to ask him. He’s only be able to take one, and it would be free range on his 80 acres, so dangerous, but unless he started attacking humans he would never go to the pot.

I’m on the Modesto area, and my friend has been wanting a blue egg rooster... I’ll have to ask him. He’s only be able to take one, and it would be free range on his 80 acres, so dangerous, but unless he started attacking humans he would never go to the pot.

I am a believer in birds getting to be birds. I understand there are some predation risks involved. If the bird is just going to be turned out to fend for itself, I would have to question the humaneness of that scenario. But it certainly sounds possible.

I am a believer in birds getting to be birds. I understand there are some predation risks involved. If the bird is just going to be turned out to fend for itself, I would have to question the humaneness of that scenario. But it certainly sounds possible.
It would have a coop to sleep in and his own harem. My friend’s birds get most of their food free ranging and they’re perfectly healthy.

Back
Top Bottom