Two barred cochin roosters--14 wks. old--pick up only

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MIgourdgirl, Aug 25, 2010.

1. MIgourdgirl

MIgourdgirl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2009
    Benton Harbor, Michigan
    These handsome fellows were hatching buddies. They are as good looking as their dad. If I didn't have so many roos from spring hatching, I would keep them.

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I wish you were in Texas, I'd love to have both of them! [​IMG]

3. MIgourdgirl

Aug 19, 2009
    Benton Harbor, Michigan
    Fluffy,

Wish you were closer! I love all my chickens, but my barred ones are extra special. I added a pretty buff barred cochin roo in late spring. He's gorgeous. I'm hoping he has the right gene or whatever is needed to pair him up with my buff gals down the road for some more buff barred cochins.

4. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

They're gorgeous! I'll trade ya a blue roo (same age) for them. [​IMG] He'd be mighty good to cross with your barred to get some blue barred! [​IMG] And I could use a barred boy to cross with some of my blue girls. [​IMG]

But without even looking...I bet you're WAY far from me. [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    My mom and I are looking for Barred Cochis right now ... we love'em! [​IMG]

6. MIgourdgirl

Aug 19, 2009
    Benton Harbor, Michigan
    Shelley,

I'm in Southwest Michigan (about 45 minutes from Kalamazoo). The idea of blue barred cochins sounds so cool. I'm guessing we may be a little too far. I'll try to google and see.
    I forgot to mention in my post that these are bantam size. Don't know if that makes a difference for anyone.

7. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I have a really nice bantam blue barred Cochin cockerel. I'm getting ready to cross him with some regular barred Cochins. I can't wait to see those babies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by