Two Beautiful Roos in Need of Home - TX

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by afrugoni, Nov 3, 2013.

1. afrugoni

afrugoni New Egg

Nov 3, 2013
    San Marcos, TX
    Hello friends,

I have two beautiful purebred roosters I am trying to find a home for. I let one of my broody hens hatch some cream legbar and black copper maran eggs
    from show quality birds I got from H and H Poultry in Burnet, TX
    and I got a rooster of each breed out of the clutch. They hatched on July 14 so they are 16 weeks old.

These are very gentle and sweet boys who have just started to crow (at least I know the cream legbar is for sure). They were raised by my Buff Orpington hen but have been handled a lot by me and my kids. They get along well with each other and are living in a flock with 7 hens. They are used to dogs and have been fed exclusively on H&H organic feed, other organic garden scraps and whatever else they forage from our garden. They are used to being cooped up at night but free roam in our large garden during the day.

I would love to find a nice home for them together but am okay with them going separately. My husband has given me a week to find them a home or else they will end up on someone's supper table. I would love to keep them but we are not allowed to have roosters in our neighborhood.

We live in San Marcos, TX zip 78666. I will not ship them. Please let me know if you might be interested in one or both of these boys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. GrammyJean

GrammyJean New Egg

Nov 1, 2013
    Hello. I have a Cream Legbar rooster, and would love to have another. I live in Wichita Falls.... how far away is San Marcos?
    If it's not too far for me to come pick him up, I will take him for you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by