Two boys or boy and girl?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ecb4156, Oct 16, 2019.

1. ecb4156

ecb4156 Chirping

May 12, 2019
    So I raised the Swedish Blue and ended up giving him away to my grandmothers friend who had the land for them at the time. But now that I have the land and I was talking about getting some ducks, shr told my grandmother that she would let me bring “Roan” and his/her friend home who happens to be the Pekin. I believe the pekin is a boy and I’m thinking Roan turned out the be a girl now that I look at her tail feathers but it’s hard to tell off of the one pic that she sent me. So I’m homing someone will be able to tell if I have two boys or a boy and girl or two girls. Either way it doesn’t make me not want to get Roan back. I saved him out the back of tractor supply when I worked there almost 3 years ago. I just would like to know what genders they are :)

Attached Files:

2. ButtonquailGirl14

ButtonquailGirl14 Crossing the Road

Jul 13, 2017
    Northport WA
    Ever got an egg? What do they sound like? Any curled tail feathers?

3. ecb4156

ecb4156 Chirping

May 12, 2019
    I haven’t seen them yet. Haven’t seen Roan in about 2 years or so. Probably longer. When I gave him to them he/she was still a baby. They get eggs but Roan is with 4 other ducks right now. Please look at pics for tail feathers

4. MagpieDucks

MagpieDucks Driven Insane

Oct 26, 2015
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Pekin is a Male, Swedish is a female.

5. FortCluck

FortCluck Free Ranging

Sep 9, 2019
    Central Virginia
    Pekin has a Drake feather and the Swedish is a female. Hoping you get them! I love how you rescued the duckling.

6. ecb4156

ecb4156 Chirping

May 12, 2019
    Yeah I got Roan and Lemon. Roan had a respiratory problem and Lemon had a deformed leg so when they are sick like that they give them 2 weeks to get better then by the policy they have to “discard them”. I told them to go ahead and fill out the dead duck reports and that I was bringing them home. I took them home that night and when I got them home they instantly perked right up. Lemon’s deformed leg didn’t bother her but because she was deformed they couldn’t sell her under company policy. She lived for a year before dying loved at a farm where she made best friends with their dog. The dog cried for her for 3 months then he passed away. I know she was happy and I know she didn’t live long but I helped her get the life she deserved. She was happy and I’m happy that she was. Roan however the moment I brought her home she was perfectly fine. They offered her and her new pekin friend back to me last week and I am going to bring my Roan home! Along with her boyfriend of course! :love

7. ButtonquailGirl14

ButtonquailGirl14 Crossing the Road

Jul 13, 2017
    Northport WA
    I can’t really see the photos on my phone, so I checked my desktop and I agree with Peking drake, and Swedish hen.

Eggs2chicks, quackiemama and ecb4156 like this.
  8. FluffTheDuck

FluffTheDuck Duck love is recognizable in any language

Nov 26, 2018
    The Pond
    My Coop
    I agree with Pekin drake and blue swedish female.
    I have two male Pekins! One named Quakers (not quackers lol), and the other Huey.
    I also have a blue swedish female:D her name is smokey :) your ducks are beautiful.

ecb4156 and quackiemama like this.
  9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Ephesians 6:13

Awesome you can bring them home. What a sweet story. Be sure to let us know when they get home and with pics. They are beautiful.

ecb4156, DuckyDonna and quackiemama like this.
  10. quackiemama

quackiemama Free Ranging

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    Awww I am so happy you get to bring them home. That is so sweet and they are beautiful

ecb4156, DuckyDonna and Miss Lydia like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: