Two BOYS? Yikes!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by maryandstephan, Apr 2, 2012.

1. maryandstephan

maryandstephan New Egg

Apr 2, 2012
    Hello Everyone! We are new backyard chicken enthusiast and have been reading BackYardChickens everyday for months. We love this site!!!

This past January we got 3 gorgeous pullets, a Production Red, an Australop, and a Brahma. All three are great but 2 weeks ago the Red and Brahma began to fight for their pecking order. The more we look at them and read BackYardChicken the more we are convinced that we do not have three pullets but 1 pullet and 2 cockerels.

All the signs are there. Large comb, saddle feathers and the Brahma has started to crow 2 days ago! We wanted to know what everyone else thought since BackYardChickens is so great!!!!!

This is "Ice Cream" our Brahma.This is the one who seems to be picking the fights and crowing!?!
    [​IMG]

"Carmel" the is the Production Red. Wow, look at the comb.
    [​IMG]

"Carmel" the Production Red. Are those rooster tail feathers?????
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  2. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Yes, sorry, two roos :(

3. maryandstephan

maryandstephan New Egg

Apr 2, 2012
    We were afraid of that! We will have to get rid of them. DO you think it will be hard to introduce 1-2 more chicks to the Australop? She will be 3 months old.

4. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    I see you say 1-2 chicks...I would never introduce just one pullet to another established one. I had to do it once and it was awful. So I would HIGHLY reccomend getting another 2 pullets (the more the merrier!). And no, if you mean chick as in day old chick, then no, that would not be possible either. They'd have to be around the same age.

5. maryandstephan

maryandstephan New Egg

Apr 2, 2012
    Thanks for your help and patience! will go find 2 more pullets that around 3-4 months old. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by