Two brooding in one nest!!!!

MityLucky1

Chirping
13 Years
Oct 15, 2009
NE Oklahoma
Has anyone experienced 2 chickens brooding at the same time in one nest??? It's the funniest thing I've seen!! The original brooder was there for 2 days before her sister decided to join the party
smile.png
They've been there now for over a week. I've given up on trying to get the second one out but I'm sure it's frustration the original brooder. I tried moving the second one to another nest, but she just kept going back in with her sister. Any suggestions on how to seperate them?

welcome-byc.gif

You might try moving #2 at night, but if that fails I'm afraid you're stuck. Chickens can be the most stubborn of creatures at times.

i am having a similar situation my girls are also sisters and they share they nesting box they now have 13 eggs between the both of them, but one sister does most of the sitting, i was told i have to separate them but i have not yet i am still trying to figure out another way they are really close and i do not want to mess up their bond and i am kinda curious to see how this is going to work with two moms

Thanks. Tried moving the one but to no avail. Every morning she's back on LOL I give up! You're right, stubborn things aren't they???
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom