Two bunnies sneezing

Happy Camper

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 19, 2012
Puerto Rico
I have two Netherland Dwarf rabbits that are about 2 years old. They are sneezing, but eating well. These are my only pet bunnies because the others I raise for meat.

I am VERY concerned with them spreading any diseases to the others. They are housed appart these others, but still I am pretty scared.

This is the first time any of my bunnies get a cold or a respiratory disease. I will be starting the recommended antibiotics tomorrow but would like to hear anyone with similar experience... recommendations and testimonials very welcomed!

I love my bunnies but will definetely not risk my meat production... I have worked with an animal shelter long enough to know sometimes you have to be more radical than you'd like to with some diseases.

pichuris

Chirping
7 Years
May 15, 2012
Strasburg Colorado
Look at the inside of their front paws. Do they have yellow or green mucous that is dried & clumping on the fur? Do you see any drainage from their nose and eyes? Could be sniffles & yes it can be transmitted. Make sure to quarantine but its treatable with antibiotics. Been there done that. Good luck.

Top Bottom