1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Two call ducks eggs checked in as viable at candling!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by duckluck, Jan 15, 2010.

1. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Hey all,

Well, my friend and I just candled the three call duck eggs I have set in the incubator...guess what? The ones collected and set on 1/9 and 1/11 both candled in with blood vessels developing! [​IMG]

These are my first call duck eggs to do so. So let's hope things progress! One egg was clear and I have another that was collected today and will be set tonight...these are all going in a staggered hatch because it is so unpredictable at present to know when they are going to lay, so I am not delaying setting them. Wish me luck! The Model 50 Humidaire is testing right now with the first clutch of 12 chicken eggs, and candling at day 11 today for those showed 8 that looked promising. So the GQF is going to be on reserve indefinitely for call duck eggs now, since I am starting to see about two of those a week.

2. blessedchickenmama7

blessedchickenmama7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    Congratulations!!! That's exciting.

3. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    It made my day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by