Two Cayuga Drakes needing to be rehomed. Cumberland Gap, TN

KittyIsQuackers

Quacking
Apr 4, 2018
East TN
I have two purebred Cayuga drakes, Peach and Ninja who tend to respond to their usual flock call of "BABIES!!" (using a high pitched voice, like when you're greeting a dog that's very happy to see you after being away). One has a yellow bill and the other black, and both are just a few months old, and their nestmates haven't started laying eggs yet.
Both of them are nicely sized and don't have more than one or two white feathers per duck and have the ideal shiny feathers for a Cayuga. Both of them prefer to hang out on their own, but I believe they could warm up to someone rather quickly if the effort is given. Other animals haven't made them aggressive, but the drakes will walk away if they get too close; they stick to each other like glue and are rather alert. I got them from one of the major breeding companies, though I don't remember the one. It might've been Myers, but again, I'm not sure.
They eat a lot of greens and are good at foraging. They spend a lot of time in the creek and looking for bugs in the shade, and the rest of the time is spend begging for peas and bending to the girls' whims.

image.jpeg

Ninja is the one with the yellow bill. He is center frame^^
image.jpeg

Peach has a blackish-yellowish bill.^^

Okay, I'm going to have to turn the two drakes into meat. My hens have been stressing with the amount of drakes. They're pretty fluffy and a little fat, so I'm going to harvest them in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom