Two chickens....unknown breed and sex....please help identify

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bburn, Sep 7, 2010.

1. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Alright. I am going to try this. I hope I am posting a couple of pictures but this is the first time and I am not sure.

Both will be two of my chickens...approx. 20 weeks old that I cannot identify. And if someone could tell from the pictures please confirm that they are hens or roo's. They are on my BYC page if this does not work....

Oops...had to edit...but the one I was really questioning is showing up!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    Dark Cornish. The one pic i see looks like a rooster but i am not very familiar with the breed so i cant say for sure.

3. bburn

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Wellllll.....and just today I was looking at breeds and saw a cornish and wondered. Thank you so much. I am really not that slow but took me forever to figure out how to post the picture!

thankssoverymuch....[​IMG]

4. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    Just saw the other picture. Not sure on her. Yep, looks like a her. Partridge rock? Maybe?

5. bburn

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    When you are new to chickens it is so easy to be lost. Partridge rock was what I had wondered about her too....and knew she was a hen. She really has a sweet disposition.

The other...Dark Cornish, I just went back to the page where I had read about them. There are actually three in the flock like that. The greeny black feathers. This one has the biggest comb of all of them. The other two just have some red bumps. Next to all the RIR's he they look like they are missing parts!

What is really terrible is that out of 29.....we think over half are roosters! I have built a tractor and my plan is to get the selected 10 or so into it and start processing them. At least the cornish are supposed to be tasty!

Now that I am an expert....lol....I am going to go back and post some more.....would love for someone to count out all the roo's! Talk about 'RED' in the run! All those combs topping off the chickens!

Thanks for your help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by