Two Coops in one?

TwinMommy2009

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 29, 2009
The Deep South
Does anyone have a two coops in one type of set up? with one large coop including two rooms and two runs?? I have two coops now, one being a elevated pigeon coop and the other is only large enough for 3 hens, tops. All enclosed in a large screened aviary. Im wanting to build just one large coop and two runs to hold RIR and Buffs without them interbreeding.

Does anyone have coop designs/pics/experience they could share??

Thanks!!!

Here's mine
big_smile.png

100_2987.jpg

You can see more details of this on my page.. I think it's called the "cochin duplex"

Yea, I've built one with 4 rooms! It's 11x14' total with 2 coops 5.5'x9' with separate runs on one end for large chickens and 2 smaller areas (5'x5.5'). One of these I use for a feed, hay storage area, the other I have a small run with 2"x4" wire and a 2nd layer of 1" poultry wire (2' ft. tall). I use this for chicks untill they are grown and ready to run with the "big boys". Like I said earlier it's 11'x14' with a door on each corner. Divided inside into the 4 rooms. This is my second coop and I've not yet gotten the birds I plan to put in it. Although I have used my "chick pen" after hatching a few Barred Rocks to test my incubator. Wish I had thought of this before I built my first coop.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom