1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Two cosy little cuties! :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sophie94, May 27, 2017.

1. sophie94

sophie94 Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2017
    So I've had my Silkies for 2 weeks now and tonight when I went to put them into their coop they had already tucked themselves in :) this is probably minor for most people but I'm new to this all! lol normally I stand and call them up and they come waddling up the ladder!

Attached Files:

2. EvansMeXo

EvansMeXo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2017
    Nova Scotia
    Cute! How old are they? Is one male and one female?? I have one with a crazy doo and I'm hoping it rounds out, I don't want a roo lol I only have one silkie so I'm hoping she's a hen

sophie94 likes this.
  3. sophie94

May 17, 2017
    They're 5/6 months old :) how old is yours? I think Silvie might be slightly younger though cause she's a wee bit smaller! I was told they're both girls - so I'm hoping they are! Lol no eggs yet but no crowing either lol! Sadie has really crazy hair at the top! I've been told they're so hard to sex! I asked the man I bought them off if they were definitely girls and he said yes so I'm just hoping he's right! Lol

EvansMeXo likes this.
  4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

No, not at all! Its always thrilling when the get the idea. Have fun!

sophie94 likes this.
  5. sophie94

May 17, 2017
    Thanks :) all the new things they do makes me so happy! Lol

6. EvansMeXo

EvansMeXo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2017
    Nova Scotia
    Mine is only a month lol, we're moving them out to the coop at the end of June when I know it's not freezing out anymore.. I hope they learn to put themselves to bed like this! Their so adorable

sophie94 likes this.
  7. sophie94

May 17, 2017
    Mine started off in a hutch, I've literally only had mine about a month now. So at the start I was putting them in and then I gave them some mealworms at the bottom of the ladder and threw some up it aswell. I shine my light down aswell so they can see where they're going. Then for the first the other night they went up themselves! They'll soon get the hang of it :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by