Two-day old chick respiratory distress

Joalla

Chirping
May 13, 2020
Texas
Hey all! I got a golden laced wyandotte and two easter eggers from the feed store yesterday. This morning the golden is lethargic, peeping in distress, sneezing, and I hear a bit of a rattle when I hold her up. The other two are fine, energetic, more what I expect from 2 day olds who have gotten their legs under them.

They are all in my baby brooder (a 20 gallon terrarium) with pine shaving bedding. The golden was eating and drinking yesterday, but has lost interest today. I ran a bit of water over the golden's beak to see if it was dust, but no improvement. I tried to entice her with crushed yolk mixed in with the chick feed, but no dice. All she will do is distress peep. What are my options here?

Hey all! I got a golden laced wyandotte and two easter eggers from the feed store yesterday. This morning the golden is lethargic, peeping in distress, sneezing, and I hear a bit of a rattle when I hold her up. The other two are fine, energetic, more what I expect from 2 day olds who have gotten their legs under them.

They are all in my baby brooder (a 20 gallon terrarium) with pine shaving bedding. The golden was eating and drinking yesterday, but has lost interest today. I ran a bit of water over the golden's beak to see if it was dust, but no improvement. I tried to entice her with crushed yolk mixed in with the chick feed, but no dice. All she will do is distress peep. What are my options here?
Seprate her from the group, it will calm her down, what temperature is the heat lamp?

Back
Top Bottom