Two eggs added with a earlier hatching date to my eggs

Jun 14, 2020
day one of incubation for my Poland eggs was 30Th May. I candled all the eggs on day 7 and looked except a couple so I decided to buy two Silkie eggs separately and put them with mine .Now they are due to hatch on the 17th 🤦🏽‍♀️

for my eggs today, it’s day 16 (14th June)

For the those which are due on the 17th June, it’s day 18 today. I have put all of them on lockdown.

has anyone else done this before? I’m so worried for the Poland eggs.

day one of incubation for my Poland eggs was 30Th May. I candled all the eggs on day 7 and looked except a couple so I decided to buy two Silkie eggs separately and put them with mine .Now they are due to hatch on the 17th 🤦🏽‍♀️

for my eggs today, it’s day 16 (14th June)

For the those which are due on the 17th June, it’s day 18 today. I have put all of them on lockdown.

has anyone else done this before? I’m so worried for the Poland eggs.
They'll be totally fine. Staggered hatches are super common. They're "undesired" because it's a bit harder to keep track of anything, but I've never had any problems with them. Just lock them all down together, keep the incubator closed as much as possible, and watch them hatch. I've done staggered hatches more often than not. It's super easy.

sorry, did anyone else’s eggs start rocking or pipping on day 19? They are silkie eggs, one is very small, the other is bigger
If none have externally pipped yet you can candle to look for internal pips. Mine usually do rock some on day 19. Day 19 is pretty early for any pips though. You'll probably have external pips tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom