two eggs??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Bare bottom farm, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Bare bottom farm

Bare bottom farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    White Pine
    [​IMG] I have 5 hens and I got 6 eggs today. They are 30 weeks old. I didn't think this would be posable. I check the coop twice a day. Once in the AM and once in the PM when I put them up for the night. WOW 6 eggs! I keep counting them,lol

2. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    WOW! Give those girls a special reward!!

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    One may be from a late, after the rounds, layer last PM. I have had that happen. Gotta remember they are on about a 23 hour cycle. I think that's right...[​IMG] otherwise, you gots a heckuva good laying girlie [​IMG]

4. Bare bottom farm

Bare bottom farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    White Pine
    Quote:[​IMG]

Thank you I will!!!!!

5. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I got 2 from one girl once, and the second one wasn't very dark colored (brown egg layer). Otherwise it was fine though, and perfectly tasty!

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I did have a leghorn lay one first thing in the morning and then again just before heading up to the roost...

Couldn't believe it myself.

7. WagonBrooder

WagonBrooder Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2009
    Nashville
    I have an EE hen that has been laying for about 3 weeks. Twice now she has skipped laying for a day and then layed 2 eggs & last week she skipped 2 days and then layed 3 eggs, one in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. She is the only EE and all the eggs were blue/green, so it had to be her!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by