Two eggs!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by allieloveschickens, Oct 29, 2010.

1. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    I got my first egg! In fact I got Two first eggs!! Happened while I was at work, BF found one in the coop, I found one outside the coop when I got home! They are lovely little brown eggs- I am so proud of my girls [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

next to a Trader Joes egg:

[​IMG]

2. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!!!! They are beautiful

3. Dorte

Dorte Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    They are really pretty.

I have one girl giving me eggs just like that right now. Cute little "beginner eggs". Every time I pick one from the nest I am amazed how perfect it is. It feels more solid than a store bought egg (hard to explain) and I love when I catch it still warm. Mmmm fresh!

4. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    I know just what you mean! It seems so amazing that these perfect little eggs came from my chickens! Life is amazing.

5. bigshoes213

bigshoes213 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2010
    Sardis, Ms
    How exciting for you! I thought my brother was playing a practical joke on me. He had come over and was admiring his handiwork on the coop and found my first one! I accused him of trying to trick me with a fake egg.

Arent they cute and tiny. At least mine was tiny. They get big quickly though.

It is still a thrill everytime I go out and find eggs!

6. Flewthecoop42

Flewthecoop42 New Egg

Aug 27, 2010
    SW Wisconsin
    Congrats!! This was my first day that I got two eggs, I had 1 out of 9 pullets that just started laying and now I guess I have two.

7. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Congrats. I will he happy to get my first ones from this flock. I tried threatening frying today. We will see what happens. Worked on last flock I had [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  8. Cavendish Chickens

Cavendish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Summit County, Ohio
    I'm hating this waiting game. lol My girls will be 5 months old on the 12th, and are still pretty small looking. I'm sure I still have a little while before I get any first eggs. But the wait is horrible. It's like waiting for baby chicks to hatch. lol

9. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Quote:Lol try waiting for them to lay when they are pretty decent sized. I fed higher protein like a friend of mine did and my girls.are as big as some I have introduced that are fully grown. This is just frustrating.

10. hudsonhousechicks

hudsonhousechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    Those are some beauties! Perfect little brown eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by