Two girls not laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mrsmaonaigh, Sep 20, 2010.

1. mrsmaonaigh

mrsmaonaigh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    SE Georgia
    I have three pullets that are 3 weeks older than my 5 other pullets. They are all EEs. We had 4 roosters as of last week. Two of the older pullets got harassed by the boys quite a bit and wanted to stay in the coop or in the pen. They aren't laying at all. The other older pullet has been laying for about 3 weeks now. Three of the 5 younger ones started laying last week. We culled three roosters and left the youngest rooster who is pretty awkward and mild tempered. The two older pullets are adventuring out into the yard now and finally hanging out with the rest of the ladies. They aren't laying yet. Their combs/wattles are still a light pink color. I'd say they are about 30 weeks. Should they start laying soon now that they aren't so hunted by the men?

2. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    I'm guessing so don't take my word for it. If they are coming out now and seem happier watch their combs when they go red the eggs should start coming, an unhappy chicken doesn't lay eggs, I'm waiting on my lt. brahma she looks ready and actually squatted for me today (my other pullet don't squat) I think getting rid of those roos was the best thing for your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by