Two Hatched

tgperg

Songster
9 Years
Jan 7, 2011
Oklahoma City
Oh my goodness. I have two adorable cute little muscovy ducklings now! I am kinda sad that's all that made it, but I'll take what I can get at this point. I had a breeding quad of muscovies, and the drake and one hen got eaten. Of COURSE that was the hen that was broody on eggs. I lucked out though because another hen took over sitting. Well, with one thing and fifteen others, she gave up her clutch just last Saturday. I had 29 eggs originally. All but 7 had to be thrown out when I candled because they were rotten. Out of those seven, a big snake ate one, I dropped one and cracked another. That left four. Out of those four one didn't hatch. One pipped the small end and pierced a blood vessel and bled to death in the shell.
sad.png
One hatched just fine yesterday and one this morning showed no sign of external pipping 60 hours after it had internally pipped. So, I helped it out a bit. It had gotten shrink wrapped. HOW IT DID THAT I DO NOT KNOW since I've had the freaking relative humidity in that 'bator at 80% +. Anyway, it's out now and drying off and looks and sounds great. I tried to introduce the baby duckling to mama and she was all "Pfft. Babies are for LOOOOOSSSEEERRRRSSSSS!" So, I have them in a brooder. I'm exhausted!
big_smile.png

Traci

AWWWW WELL DONE! They are adorable! I wish we could all bring our new hatched ducklings together to meet eachother!
lau.gif
Seriously, can someone sort this out?
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
WELL DONE!
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif

What a beautiful pair of babies. I love seeing them with the fuzz all slicked back when they first hatch. Im sure you will have a great time raising these babies so Pfft back at momma duck, you get to see them take their first swim and explore their new world.

Back
Top Bottom