ChickMom6002

Chirping
Mar 2, 2018
i've had cricket and tasha/peep for 2 and a half months now, and tasha has started acting more like a full grown hen then just a little chick, it made me start thinking about that they might become broody, so i thought if one of them did we could go in at night and slip in a egg of a different species so that if we get a male we wont have a bunch of chicks running around. and if they both get broody then were screwed, cause we already have two cats and a old doggo. so ones a barred plymouth rock and the other is a production red

which one would be a better mum?
and if they get broody then whats a non flying animal thats like a chicken?

I'm a little confused... do you want more chickens? It sounds like you don't. Just because a hen goes broody doesn't mean she has to be given eggs/chicks. Also a bad idea to get only 1 chick. At least 2, or 3 is better. If you don't have room for at least 2 I wouldn't add any chickens.

Also confused by "a egg of a different species so that if we get a male we wont have a bunch of chicks running around" - do you mean you don't want a chicken and want something like a duck instead? Probably best for chickens to hatch chickens, as baby birds of different species will have different needs and behaviors than a baby chicken.

Back
Top Bottom