Two horses for sale in Colorado

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by farmerlor, Dec 30, 2008.

1. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Reluctantly I must try to find some really wonderfully good homes for two of my horses.
    Bram is a 3 year old black Percheron/ Belgian cross. He is 17 hands plus, very handsome, wonderful gentle personality and greenbroke to ride. With just a very small amount of conditioning and some miles on him this horse will do whatever you need him to do. He's had some preliminary driving training but that was a while ago. I raised this boy from a pup so I need to know he's going to a forever place.
    The next horse is a 13 year old registered Quarter horse chestnut mare. She's been a child's horse but has been out to pasture for awhile and needs some refreshing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    You'll have much better luck and far more people interested in horses looking, if you post on a horse specific site such as www.equine.com or www.dreamhorse.com.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  3. PURDY horses !!! The prvious poster may be correct. There are a lot of chickens, water fowl and small critters on here. I do not know about goats, cuase I hate em, bue I think horses are pretty rare in the for sale portion. You cant send em USPS !!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
  4. farmerlor

Oh, I know and I do plan to post them elsewhere but I saw a couple of other horses for sale here so I thought....hey, people who love chickens might have a good home for horsies.

5. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    How much are you asking for them?

6. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

How much for Bram? He is gorgeous [​IMG] , is he gelded?
    We would love to give him a forever home. We have been looking for a draft for sometime now to go on our farm - just to ride and maybe pull an occasional wagon for the kids.

7. farmerlor

The prices are negotiable to the right home. We'd like to get a thousand for the QH, we paid WAY more than that for her, she has some wonderful breeding in her lines and she's well trained.
    Bram is priceless but we understand that others may not see his value as he has no papers and draft crosses aren't exactly the most desired animals in the world. Yes, he's gelded and I'll have to check his records but I believe we pulled his wolf teeth at the same time. We'd LIKE 800 for him but we're open to offers or even trades to the perfect, loving, forever home.

8. beak

beak On vacation

Dec 12, 2008
    Kiowa, Colorado
    What a beautiful horse. He would look great in front of a wagon. I just love Draft horses. They have great personalities. Wish I had room for another horse.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by