Two ill chickens, one wheezing

shanz1029

In the Brooder
Nov 1, 2022
So I have a flock of 18. Had a rooster die suddenly yesterday. Now my other Salmon Favorelle roo has ocular discharge. He is eating and drinking. My little bantam hen on the other hand, is wheezing, sneezing and has nasal discharge. She does stop wheezing after a sneeze. I administered 2 drops of VetRx into her mouth and rubbed some on her comb and waddle. I did the same with my Salmon. They're both around 8mths old. I am forcing water mixed with electrolytes into the bantam. She was eating and drinking yesterday. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Video below is of bantam hen.

We don’t see the video. Those usually have to be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo or a similar sight with a link posted here. It sounds like you have a respiratory disease going through your flock. There are numerous ones. Have you added any new birds to your flock in the last couple of weeks? Have you seen any discharge or bubbles in either eye, swelling of the face or eyelids, or crackles when breathing? Here is a link with symptoms of the common diseases including mycoplasma gallisepticum, infectious bronchitis, coryza, and laryngo tracheitis:
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/PS044

We don’t see the video. Those usually have to be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo or a similar sight with a link posted here. It sounds like you have a respiratory disease going through your flock. There are numerous ones. Have you added any new birds to your flock in the last couple of weeks? Have you seen any discharge or bubbles in either eye, swelling of the face or eyelids, or crackles when breathing? Here is a link with symptoms of the common diseases including mycoplasma gallisepticum, infectious bronchitis, coryza, and laryngo tracheitis:
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/PS044
The rooster has the bubbly discharge in the eyes. I introduced meat birds a while ago. I got them around the end of September. Pic is of my rooster with bubbly eye

Attachments

• 20221101_213702_HDR.jpg
    20221101_213702_HDR.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 3
So as of 30min ago, little bantam hen is breathing better and it looks as though she has been eating and drinking. I'm just going by the levels from me filling them this morning. My rooster is still bubbly eyed but I actually saw him eating and drinking on his own.

Back
Top Bottom